Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I want to thank everyone who posts comments on my blogs! It is very much appreciated and I am encouraged to keep writing about the very real things I am facing in life.

These past few days have been interesting. They have been kinda of rather quiet days and by that I don't mean quiet as in I have had nothing to do. I have been very busy. But the past few days have been quiet as in I feel like God really been teaching me to just be still and wait. Sunday morning I was able to bring a friend to church. We had a really good time after church chatting about our beliefs. She is Mormon. We talked about the similarities and differences. Nothing really big happened but I believe that God is planting a seed. Sunday Night I was able to get the night off work which was very much needed. Sunday mornings are really hard for me because I only get about 4 hours of sleep since I work late Saturday nights. I took a long nap in the afternoon and got up and was able to attend Sunday night Merge Service. As soon as I walked into the room, I was encouraged to see so many young people Worshiping Jesus! It lifts your heart up! Sometimes in worship, I try to sing as loud and heartfelt as I can to Jesus. Sunday night I really felt like Jesus was like Roxanne, it's ok. Just worship me. I love you. So I really just stood and sat there quietly worshiping the Lord. It was a very good and fruitful time.

I believe when we feel as if life is going so well and We love Jesus and everything's just great, the enemy attacks us in many ways during that time. I was just waiting for him to attack me and today I felt it very much. On the way to work today, I was feeling very stressed out about should I get a second job or shouldn't I. I literally started praying out loud in my car and saying i'm going to trust in Jesus. He will provide, he will provide. After tonight at work, I made really good money for a Monday night and I felt like Jesus was saying see, Roxanne! I always do provide! It's so true! This might sound silly but I feel if I do get a second part time job then It's that much easier for me to not have to trust in Jesus because i'll have more money coming in than I really need. Might sound silly but it's true

I don't have much to say today! I guess I'm learning that there really is a time for being silent and waiting on the Lord and i'm trusting in him more than I ever have. Im looking forward to Tuesday morning bible study and seeing what the Lord is going to show me.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about sometimes... if we had the second job we wouldn't realize how much we need Jesus. When we have to rely upon Him, we stay in a humble position before Him. Good Thoughts!

    ReplyDelete