Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yesterday was an awesome day filled with fun, great food, and awesome friends.



We loved face painting with some banana



So naughty and soo cute at the same time



I LOVE TO COOK AND BAKE! It's a big passion of mine! I know my domestic ness will be a great thing someday :)





I am pretty impressed with my creation at this point



Some amazing girls in my life :)



Cooking magazine cover picture perhaps? lol



Perfection! So pretty!



This was a cake I made from scratch for a friend's birthday! It was so good! Makes me want to open a bakery someday!

Here is the recipe for anyone who wants to make the pumpkin cheesecake roll.

CAKE:

1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.

COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.

BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for done ness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.

FILLING:

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)

BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.

Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.


In other news, yesterday while talking to my friend, Patti, she mentioned the idea of getting a CPR certification and signing up with a nanny agency. We prayed that God would open up doors and shut the wrong ones. I thought that was a great idea so when I got home last night I registered for a CPR class. Today, my friend Caitlyn called me to tell me that one of our friend's mom's has a woman in her office that needs a part time nanny and they told her about me looking to be a nanny. How incredible is Jesus! He was moving fast on this one. Praise God for loving me and ordaining events!

3 comments:

  1. We love the pumpkin roll! I have to make it at least once every year! Congrats on the nanny situation. I have a friend who goes to our Bible Study that is looking for childcare of two beautiful boys... if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am interested! What are the details?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord Roxanne, I love how faithful our Lord is, He truly longs to be gracious to us.... :) TOTALLY writing down your recipe for the pumpkin roll...DELICIOUS!!! Brett was so sad when we ate the last piece! :)

    ReplyDelete