Wednesday, November 18, 2009

STRENGTH IS OF SERVICE, NOT STATUS

These past couple weeks, I have been attacked so much. Satan--your such a idiot.

Because I serve a God that overcomes everything you set in my way that would try and destroy me. I serve a Jesus that gives me strength and provides for my needs.

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Exodus 15:2

I think one of the hardest things to do is to Trust and wait on Jesus. It's tough being a woman who feels responsible for the HOW. But I know Jesus is just saying, roxanne, Let me figure that out. In the flesh, I want to control things sometimes and just want things to happen now. It's hard to just sit and wait and trust in the Lord. I know he has a greater plan and something way better than where I am at for a job right now and I need to keep telling myself everyday, FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS. FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS, FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS.

Im studying through Deuteronomy right now and it's a quite simple truth that I'm realizing...

If we live for him and follow his commandments and serve him, then he will bless us and keep his covenant with us and continue to lavish us with his loving kindness.

If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your forefathers. 13 He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land—your grain, new wine and oil—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land that he swore to your forefathers to give you. 14 You will be blessed more than any other people; none of your men or women will be childless, nor any of your livestock without young. 15 The LORD will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you. 16 You must destroy all the peoples the LORD your God gives over to you. Do not look on them with pity and do not serve their gods, for that will be a snare to you.
DEUTERONOMY 7:12-16.

I don't know about you but thats a pretty awesome promise from the LORD. I think this is why its so important that we be in the Word everyday and spend time with Jesus because life is hard and we need to be reminded of how good God is, to not forget that if we follow him he will be faithful to us. My soul finds rest in this.

There one upside good thought about being attacked by the devil. Yes, you know your on the right track. Your on the right road to following Jesus. I would be concerned if I wasn't being attacked almost in a sense.

I will trust in You
I will hold to what is true
That You see the weakest through
Every trial
I will cling to You
Each day I pledge it new
My imperfect gratitude
From now on

I am a rag doll
Made of strings and yarns
Each day a new thread
Is torn from me
And as I come apart at the seams
My hands raise up and I fall to my knees
Please hold me and sew me back together again

I can feel so old
Like I've seen too much
All my hope has been squeezed dry
Like some worn-out sponge
And as I am used up and spilled empty
You fill me up with a sweet certainty
Please keep me filled and never to be thirsty again

And as my tiny steps lead to freedom's strides
Keep a watchful eye over me
Lest I trip and fall
I know I will

I will trust in You
Each day I pledge it new
My imperfect gratitude
From now on

2 comments:

  1. So true Roxanne! It is so important to stay in the Word... how else would we know God's character? How much He loves us?

    You are a princess warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words hold true to my heart. I know exactly how you feel. Thank you for that wonderful post! The Lord is who I look to, especially now, for strength. I don't know how I would get through anything without Him by my side.

    Sometimes it is very easy to get overwhelmed by what Satan is throwing at me...And sometimes I need little reminders to remember the Lord and seek His help in defeating my Foe. Thank you for the little reminder :).

    Good luck with everything, and it sounds like you are on the right track. Keep being you...it's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete