Friday, June 25, 2010

From the bitter Marah waters to pure Sweetness...

I cannot tell you enough how much this study speaks to the inner parts of my soul. Not just my heart, but my soul as well.

Today was about the Bittersweetness of Marah. In today's reading, the Israelites had just finally crossed the red sea on Dry ground. After they suffered through the wilderness, they finally found water. Have you ever been so thirsty that when you finally are able to drink something, your mouth gets even drier just imagining the liquid touching your lips and passing down your throat. I believe this is similar to how thirsty the Israelites were. The water they found was sparkling and cold but UNDRINKABLE! Ugh, I cannot even imagine. The water was bitter and called Marah. Moses cried out to the Lord, for they had gone 3 days without any water and couldn't drink the Water known as Marah. The Lord showed him a piece of wood and Moses threw it in the water and the water became sweet and drinkable.

I am reminded of how many times I was faced with bitter water but God reached down and made it sweet. Jehova-Rapha: The God who heals. How has he healed your bitter waters and made them sweet? I am glad I serve a GOd who is my healer. I can walk by faith knowing he is healing my soul. Making it pure again. Only Christ can heal me, no one else. I have learned through many hardships that other's can lead us to Jesus, but it is me who has to show up to the appointment. His main goal is not to just heal me but for me to meet his healing power. WOW! Meet with the healer everyday. I have spent much time in the past searching for other things and people to heal me but Jesus is the only one who can heal me.

I love Jesus so much. He is changing my life. Making me pure again, leading me towards him and everyday is better and better. Everyday I feel stronger and stronger. But it's a struggle. I believe the more you seek out Jesus, the more satan attacks you and tries to bring you down. That's why it's been so important for me to armor myself up in the Lord everyday, to PRAY PRAY PRAY, and to set boundaries, also having a mentor! :)

My heart feels so heavy right now about so much. I want to THIRST so much for Jesus. So much that I would come to his fountain to DRINK. That every thing I do would glorify Jesus, that I would Shine as his servant. SO much that God would be in the center of all my decisions. That my friends and the people around me would notice change in my life. Is this a lot to want? Maybe but I believe that I serve a God so great that he will do this for me.

I know that God is calling me to be set apart. Set apart from my friends and this world. He doing something inside of me, I can feel it. I spent too much time being of this world. Now I am not of this world.

God,
My heart and soul cry out for you.
Make me new, heal me. Make me like you. Take away everything that's of me and replace it with you. Set me Apart Jesus! Open doors where I should walk through. Close doors that aren't your will. Make me thirsty for you. Make my life a testimony of your greatness. Thank you your mercies are new everyday and your grace is more than sufficient for me. USE me Lord! Thank you for the huge sacrifice you made so that I could live. Be my best friend. I love you. Amen


–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Today was a pretty good day. I am struggling a little with my job. I love my hours and I work in a much better place but I am struggling to have personality and heart in my job because I have been in the industry for so long. I am continually praying for energy and Jesus to shine through me. I really desire to conduct myself in a way that is holy and pleasing to Jesus.

My mentor and friend and her family came to visit me today at work and it made my day! :) She surprised her husband. I was blessed to watch their little girl while they go on a date tonight and it was so much fun. She such a sweet little angel. We went on a nice walk in this beautiful weather, played with toys, chatted with mimi and papa, ate dinner together, and then I gave her a bath. After I put her down for a bed, I snuck in and out so many times just to watch her sleep so peacefully. I'm excited for the day I can do this with my own children :)

My mentor is such an encouragement to me. Those who don't have one should really get one in their life. She keeps me so accountable, encourages me daily. She such an example of a woman of God, a wife, a friend, and a mother. I strive to be that kind of role model some day for those around me.

I am thinking I will start a prayer journal (inspired from her of course). I think it's so amazing to be able to look back and be reminded of what we have witnessed the Lord do. And it keeps me accountable in my prayer life.

I better go check on the little one!

Blessings to you all and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment