Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bursting Heart...

OK, My heart is kinda bursting with stuff I want to share. In my study today, We went through Exodus and God's instructions to Moses. I can't tell you how many times I've read through out the years but it spoke something way different to me today. That's what I love about the seasons in our life, we go through. It can speak something totally different to your heart.

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..
2 Timothy 3:16

First though, we ready Romans 4:20-22-
20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22 This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness."

Last night someone shared a testimony with me that just had recently happened in their life. When he was sharing, he said how when he was praying God for healing, He really truly believe that God would heal him and the Lord did. Just is the same in the verse above in Romans. Abraham knew and trusted that God had and has the power to do what he promises. We shouldn't just be praying but believing in our hearts when we pray that God will Provide in whatever situation we are in. Pray with an expecting heart!

Talking about the Lord fulfilling his promises to us. There have been so many time when I have promised someone or God something but have failed big time on following through with those promises. I find myself wanting to promise so much to people but I can only guarantee very little to them. But I take heart in the fact that God, my father is the only one who can completely fulfill his promises and he will in fact do that. How awesome is it to know that Our God will fulfill everything he has promised. One promise I will share with you that the Lord has promised me is; that he would never leave me, he will finish what he started in me. You might think that sounds so normal or the Christian thing to say. But no, I have been through some terrible situations in the past few years because of decisions I made or roads I decided to take a detour on but still God is so faithful and still whispers to my heart, I wont leave you. I have a plan that I will finish within you. We have to believe in Gods faithfulness. Not just say we do but realllllllyyy believe.

Now we skip ahead to when God appeared to Moses in a burning bush.

There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. Exodus 3:2

I just think how awesome it would be to be Moses in that setting and have the Lord appear to me in a burning bush. Wow. Moses was even instructed to take off his shoes because he was in the midst of Holy ground. God is that Holy, that majestic, that powerful. My prayer of lately is that the presence of God will fill my room so that I wouldn't be able to stand.

God instructs Moses to tell the Israelites that He is I AM. This stuff is so good! "Whatever our circumstances, challenges, doubts, pain, heartache--if we are in a covenant relationship with God through his Son, Jesus Christ, the King of the universe is our I AM and he is PRESENTLY I AM in every area of our life." WHOA! He is I AM. We don't have to stress cause he is the ever present I AM. PRAISE THE LORD! I'm telling you, this is huge and everyday my trust in the Lord meter is rising higher and higher!

I promise I'm almost done. Sorry this is so long. In Exodus 24, God gives instructions about his presence to different groups of people. He instructs the general public if you will to stay where they are, to not approach the Lord. He tells Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and the 70 other elders to worship at a distance. He tells Moses to come up to him and approach the Lord alone. Again, I wish I was Moses in this setting where me and only me could approach the Lord alone, whoa! I imagine you couldn't even stand up in the presence of the Lord. What an image!

Nonetheless, God created us to enjoy his fellowship. However because of the disobedience in Genesis in the garden, the general masses would not experience the amazing glory of God's presence. Only few could go to that holy mountain and approach his most high. Just like the worship song,

"I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross."

I believe we will never truly comprehend the cost of sin until we finally are sitting at his throne and experience that un describable joy of being in his presence.

WOW! God doesn't need us but he wants us. I say this a lot because It portrays to me just how much the Lord wants to be in fellowship with us, he has called us to fellowship with him. It has been only a little over a week where I have fully been consistent and fellowshipping with him everyday and my life is enriched because of it. I'm disappointed it took me so long to see all this but grateful that I am growing in the Lord everyday!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Love the new look!
    2) Don't ever apologize for "being long"!! This is YOUR blog and a great place to share your thoughts. I hope that the Lord places MORE long posts in your heart in fact!!!
    3) I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete