Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I dont have a creative title for today :)

Today was a really good day! Remember how I said I would have to exert all my energy last night to work out? Turns out I had more in me than I thought! I did 4 miles on the Elyptical! I always amaze myself but that's a good thing. Tonight I did another 4 miles and then my ab workout and my full Cardio workout! I'm feeling so good, it's super nice!

This Friday, I will be ending what's been a big chapter of my life this past year. It's been some tough, hard lessons I have learned the HARD way!

In recognition of that, I reflect on this: 2 Peter 1:12-21

12So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. 13I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, 14because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.

16We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."[a] 18We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

19And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

I believe that every scripture means something unique and different for every individual especially in relation to our lives and what we have gone through. What we know and believe has a huge effect on our lives and how we conduct ourselves, especially for me How I will be a Godly woman. I'm pretty sure when I first read this is Missionette's I probably thought this was just some letter Peter had written to some churches.

However now,to me it means profoundly that I am battling to keep my mind focused on truth, rather than distracted, and ultimately ruined, by the secular world who are always trying to substitute their errors for truth.

Life is not easy by any means and I'm sure every Christian and non-Christian can attest to that. But honestly if life wasn't hard then we would be some shallow people without any character or substance to us.

It's so important to feed the building blocks of Christian character to the faith that God has given each of us. Virtue is SOOOO essential to a productive Christian life.

We live in a world where we constantly want new things, new innovations, bigger and better and it's important to constantly be going back to the basics of JESUS and reinforcing that in our lives so we can stay focused and strong.

I so many times find myself in need of renewal, of spiritual arousal where I have dozed off spiritually. I need to do again the things I know to do but where I have slacked off. I need to go back to the basics in my life. Growing up in church, I always felt like to be a person of influence you needed to be a leader in the church of some sort but What God has shown me in the past few months and so has my mentor--that you don't have to be in a position of leadership in the church. You can be that person of influence wherever you go, whatever you do.

I have become a much different person in the past eight months. I owe that all to the grace of God and to the amazing friends I have in my life who keep me accountable and love me constantly. I have learned to not stress like I used to, how to facilitate my feelings on life and everything that includes. It's amazing how much God can change our lives if we are just willing. When your parent's look at you and tell you how very proud they are of you and where your going in life, it's an incredible feeling. When people see the change in you.

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit you way to the Lord; trust Him and He will do this. He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. ~Psalm 37:4-6

2 comments:

  1. Great post friend! We need to go celebrate your "graduation"!!! I am so proud of you! P.S. You are a workout maniac! You go girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Roxanne... I agree you have one wise mentor! You are a beautiful woman of influence no matter where you are... sometimes you are even able to have more influence when you are not bound by a leadership position at all.

    Congrats on the end of one season... and the beginning of another.

    ReplyDelete