Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oh my chains,
I can't disengage,
I don't believe that I want to,
one hand sings your praise, the other brings me shame,
I have selfishness to blame...

And I'm singing for freedom,
I know I'm not the only one praying to the one,
who can bring me this freedom,
I'm ready for change, change, change, change...

Looking down I lay,
I keep holding my chains,
no longer bound but here I stay,
I scream father please,
I need rescuing,
I need and you alone..

And I'm singing for freedom,
I know I'm not the only one praying to the one,
who can bring me this freedom,
I'm ready for, I'm ready for...

Still you patiently await yet I won't just let go,
I see you and you alone,
say come follow me cause there is ???? you can't see ???

So I'm singing for freedom,
So I'm singing for freedom...
The time has come-separation lost the war to love,
take my hand, grace is found-yeah-where your words begin,
you're alive, you're alive,
in the waking of new life,
take my hand, in the end there's only love...

(ooooo) there's only love (oooo)

there's only singing for freedom,
i know i'm not the only one praying to the one,
who can bring me this freedom,
i'm ready for, i'm ready for-
father please, i need rescuing, i need you and you alone...

Every Wednesday I go over to my mentor's house and spend some time with her and then watch her daughter while she goes to work. When she arrives back home I stay for dinner and hang out. It's a truly blessed time that I am so thankful to have.

On the way to her house this morning, these lyrics were playing on air one. Tears began to roll down the sides of my eyes. I turned it up louder to feel even more emotion. We all have needed rescuing at some point and by golly JESUS rescued me from something horrible, from a life of destruction. I wake up everyday with a huge and sometimes overwhelming sense of gratefulness and humbleness.

Today in my Esther bible study, towards the end it talks about grace. Beth says, "Jesus came for people just like us. All saved by grace. Freed by grace. Oh, for grace to love him more!" I think it's so important to realize and know that Jesus doesn't need us or have to love us but he chooses to. He chooses to need us, love us, and bestow amazing amounts of grace upon us and I don't know about others but I want to always receive that.

Beth mentions how imprisoned we can become about our unwillingness to tell the truth about ourselves. To just be honest and authentic. "I'm not talking about making shocking confessions that make us feel better and devastate someone else. I'm talking about simply being truthful about where we've come from...and where we hope we're going." (Beth Moore)

WOW right! what an inspirational thought. This is one big step that I have taken in the recent weeks. To be honest about where i've come from, to not be ashamed but to revel in the fact of where God sought me out of to reverse my destiny!

What an amazing thing to know that God sought me out and change my life and my destiny. What an amazing feeling to fall in love for Jesus for real and to feel the no limit boundaries of his love. When I feel sad in some moments because I don't have an earthly MAN in my life, I remember that no man will be able to be for me what Jesus can be for me, what he can do for me. I have to be content and in love with him before I could ever expect to make something work with a man here on earth!

How incredible is the Lord's love for us!!

So Im Singing for freedom
I know I'm not the only one praying to the one who can bring me freedom

Freedom reigns in this heart O God!

3 comments:

  1. Roxanne - What great words for us to think about today! I so admire your willingness to be honest about where you've been... and where you are going!

    ReplyDelete