Friday, July 9, 2010

Old Appetites

Today was called Old Appetites. About choosing God or choosing the World. I went through this a little over a year ago. I went through a series of serious events that led me to my knees, no joke.

God posed a very serious question to me and I had to really decide who I would live for. The world or Jesus. Thankfully by God's amazing grace, I chose Jesus.

Beth Moore had a lot of good points to make today that I would like to reflect on.

1. Often, our character is at greater risk in prosperity than in adversity. Wow, right? So true. Not all of God's tests are hardships.. Meaning I think God often will test us through abundance and prosperity. It's so easy to buy into Satan's lie that we had something to do with our Provisions! So wrong, it was no one but God who provides for us everyday. When we have plenty we tend to sometimes forget the source of that bounty. Im going through a time where I love to constantly remember what God has done for me. I think it's so important to remember the fruits in our life.

2. Then the Lord said to Moses, “Look, I’m going to rain down food from heaven for you. Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day. I will test them in this to see whether or not they will follow my instructions.
Exodus 16:4

I definitely feel like I'm in a much growing season of my life with the Lord where everyday he like ok, I'm gonna test you and see if your gonna follow my instructions. Wow.

So I have a past like many people and it's not a good one. There such the basic thing you learn growing up in the church to just give it over to God. Im going through this right now, In order for me to go any deeper right now, I have to give my past to him, to let go of the hurt, pain, bad choices, etc. Why do we want to hold onto bad stuff anyway? It's not good stuff. Maybe because it's a part of me. But God wants to change me and I know I need to just let it go so I can allow him to cleanse me.

I feel like some of the things im learning right now are so childish but yet so very important. Last week really got the best of me and it's a prime example why I need to guard myself in Jesus everyday. Because without him, I'm lost.

1 comment:

  1. The things you are learning are so fundamental. I love to see how open you are to whatever God is saying to you.

    And I so agree that prosperity can truly put a wedge between us and God. We start to lean on ourselves instead of Him.

    ReplyDelete