Tuesday, July 13, 2010

JOY JOY JOY

I attended book club tonight with the Ladies and It was so very inspiring, uplifting and encouraging!

I really felt encouraged in so many areas and it was a great night indeed. Tonight, we talked about PAIN. Such a sore subject in my life but I feel so blessed I can have community with these ladies and we can all openly share our joys, and sorrows with each other.

For years I have dealt with so much pain, whether it be in relationships, family situations, losing a loved one, just life happening, etc. One thing my mentor has talked to me about is JOY. I look back and realize that wow, I can really be a negative person. Joy is not situational and trust me I have to constantly remind myself of that. It's on my bedroom wall! No joke! She really inspires me because she is very optimistic, always looking for the positive in things. I need to strive for that. No matter the situation, I need to look for joy, for the positive, for the good side, for the fact that God has me here and wants to teach me something BIG and I need to be open to that. I certainly don't want to look back and say wow, look at all the time I wasted being negative.

I'm really learning to let go. Just let it all go, everything from my past. I was really encouraged by my friend Crystal who was talking about her co workers and how they don't have anyone they can give their crud too and I do so Why not just let it go! Go, be gone!

Tonight we talked about living in the moment, for the now. I don't want to look back again and feel like where did that time in my life go because I was so concerned with things I don't even need to worry about because I know God has it figured out. I'm not gonna be that girl that says well if this happens, then Ill be happy. If I could only finish school, then I'll be happy. If I can only get married and have a family, then I'll feel complete and I could go on and on. I'm gonna be that girl that Is happy with the now and what God has given me. Be that girl that seeks the Lords face everyday and lives day to day, not planning whats next but focusing on what God has for me NOW

A thing I have struggled with is "being on the right track". I have been consumed with this as of recent. Wanting to feel like I am making progress, moving forward. When I feel God says,"come as your are and your desire to be on the right track is good enough.Let me be your everything and that's all it takes."

So lets kinda recap! :)

I'm gonna be full of Joy! I want to be the type of person where People say, wow she is always happy and optimistic!! Looking for joy in every situation!

I'm gonna let all the past crud go because I want to go deeper with Jesus and I don't need to hold onto that stuff. My future and present is in Jesus.

I'm gonna live in the now and stop planning what I have no control over!

I'm gonna make Jesus my everything and seek his face and just BE with him!

This stuff is going to change my life.

JOY JOY JOY!!! What joy for those who's hope is in the Lord. About time I live that out!

2 comments:

  1. YES!!! I love this!! Even the tone of this post is more positive, more uplifting!! Go girl go! When you are in love, nothing can stop you from feeling loved and joyful! Fall in love with your Savior who has TRULY saved you from YOURSELF and ENJOY your life. Be able to look at yourself at the end of each day and know that you were His light wherever you are. That is the way to attract a good man too....pray that the first thing a man says about you isn't that you're hot but that you have a light about you. THAT's romance!!!

    Love this post...maybe my favorite ever!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mentor's advice! How we need to experience JOY no matter what our circumstances... all this hard work and effort is so worth it. What an uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete