Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A new life.....

Among many or maybe too many books I'm reading at the moment, one of my favorites is by Stormie Omartian--called Praying God's Will for your life. It's an incredible inspiring book that encourages me to daily seek God's will for my life. It's not about finding the right person to marry or finding the perfect career. It's about a way of life and an attitude that is God's will for everyone who knows and loves him.

Today I was reading about praying to move on with the Lord. I was thinking about what this meant for me. For me it's a big thing. Starting a new year and a new life, I am praying to move on with the Lord. There are 5 REALLY important key things that are highlighted and I believe really important to practice in order to move on with the Lord.

1. The word of God
2. Prayer
3 Praise
4.Confession
5. Ongoing forgiveness

They seem simple but not always easy. Stormie mentions that if we neglect any one of these, we end of with cracks in our foundation. And with a cracked foundation we never end up where we are supposed to be and never fully know God's will. Some people do get by. But.... I don't want to just get by.

These are more of my goals to be consistent in being in the word, praying, praising Jesus, Confessing my sins, and asking for forgiveness. Its incredible the illustrations the Lord gives us

I watch a sweet little girl who growing up way too fast! Today as i'm typing this she sits right next to me on the couch. when I put my drink on the table, she places her sippy cup right next to my glass. She loves to be next to me and hang out with me and play. I think Jesus is the same way. He wants to be right next to us, hanging out with us. I need to make more time for that with the Lord and allow him to be next to me. Im working on fully surrendering some tough things to the Lord. I need to allow him to turn my tables.

Be the kind of woman that when she wakes up and her feet hit the floor, the devil says--Oh crap, she's up!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. I loved how you included Emersyn. See, she wants to be just like Miss Roxanne! You are a woman of influence, whether you know it or not. Praying that you are strong and consistent with tackling the 5 areas that you discussed.

    P.S. I drool every time I see that pumpkin roll on your blog. Darn diet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Patti... how you are already a woman of influence on those around you!

    This sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete