Tuesday, November 2, 2010

trust

Im reading an incredible book and the chapter currently is TRUST. This use to
be a not fun subject for me to talk about, one I would avoid. But the new me
talks about it all now cause that's how I get to surrendering issues of mine
with my sweet Jesus :)

When I hear someone say just trust Jesus, I have to admit it makes me wonder
how well do they really know him. I feel like the phrase is used so much that
sometimes I find myself curious if they are genuine and have experienced
a good outcome from doing this in their own life or if its just the christian
thing to say.

God says, come sit on my lap, everything will be ok. It will be ok

I have learned that relying on God has to start all over again every morning
as if nothing has yet been done and this goes hand in hand with surrender too.

I was talking to a friend a couple days ago about him thinking he was gonna
Lose his job. He seemed so calm about it and I asked him if he was worried
or stressed. He said, "no, once you really realize God has a plan, what's
there to be worried about?" I said it can be stressful and he said back to me
what's the point, God has it figured out.

So true! Right?!?!

Yes its so much easier said than done but something I think really important
to grasp hold of. Paula rhinehart says, "Trust hangs somewhere between knowing
what your heart longs for and trying to dictate the shape, timing, or outcome
of your hearts desire." Wow! So true if you look back on why you were unable to
trust God in situations.

I use to have major trust issues due to all sorts of things but thankfully God
has healed that within me. Ill tell you, its incredible the peace and trust that
can come from sincerely surrendering to Jesus.

Sometimes getting to the point of trusting is a miracle in itself. When I finally
got the place of really trusting, I felt as if I had just ran a marathon!
Miracle :)

Paula also says, you can't order trust or it would be out of stock. So true!
everyone would be throwing caution out the window and ordering trust all the time.
praise Jesus its not like that.

I think when we realize that being able to trust God is completely grounded
and connected to staking our worth of who we are on the big truth that he loves
us...its life changing. It was for me. Everyday I have to come back to this
truth. Allowing ourself to be loved by God is where trust seeps down into our
soul, our bones and complete inner being soak it up so fast.

Now it makes sense to me! Its why when I was so hurt in past relationships,
it was so hard to trust again and if I couldn't trust Jesus then whom ever could
I trust?!?

The mystery of not knowing is exciting to me. Let God write my story. Its like
falling backward and just before you think your gonna crash on the ground
you are caught and held in his arms. We have to let him catch us though.

Friends, im so glad to be healed of this. Do I struggle? Yes but being with Jesus
everyday reminds me I have to start all over every morning as if nothing
has yet been done.

I love Jesus so much. I love our ongoing conversations through the day! I love
that he at work in my life and I know that with him, I wont be the same as I
was a week ago.

Ill leave with this: When things seem like they are going bad persay, it doesn't
mean God just stopped doing good. Remember he will finish the work he started.
I cling to that truth. God just is shifting things around to get them in
place for more good. God works all things together for the good of those who
love him!

1 comment:

  1. Preach it!!!! I love the excitement that I can hear in your tone as you right this. Girl, print this post out and when you are discouraged, minister to yourself by re-reading it. Trust is SO key...I need to finish my book!!! God is so good and I'm so happy to be on this journey with you and watch the Lord write your story out. It's gonna be a good one, far better then anything you could ever hope or dream. Love you!! XO

    ReplyDelete