Saturday, October 30, 2010

I will blog, I will blog, I will blog.

This is for some reason a challenge for me to get on here and write somedays
but im really challenging myself to be more consistent with it.
this week was sooooo long. I started my new job on Monday which is going so
good. It's just a ton to learn but its good and I know God has blessed me with some
awesome opportunities and I've already met some believers and that's really
awesome.

Monday, I felt really really super convicted about something in my life and I
had to make a really hard decision. It was hard cause I knew it would hurt
someone I cared about. When god calls, you listen. I've tried it the other way
and trust me the outcome is not pretty. This conviction was so strong, it made
me sick to my stomach and I couldn't think straight all day. It's like one of those
things where you know its the right decision but a hard one to do. But I knew God
would be with me and I went for it.

So yes, it was difficult but God was faithful and gave me peace. I honestly pray
that the type of conviction I had with that specific situation would be the same conviction
that I have for all things. We pray that our heart would hurt for the things
that hurt jesus and honestly I think my physical pain of conviction is just a mere
image of how it truly hurts our savior.

Its amazing though that in that moment and throughout this week I knew the only way
to get through these things was to truly depend on Jesus.

At some point, we have to face what isn't working and turn to the one person
everyday who makes everything work. Im at all new heights at this chapter in my life
and its really really exciting. :)

2 comments:

  1. "Im at all new heights at this chapter in my life and its really really exciting. :)"

    I love it!!! So proud of you friend and proud of your obedience to the Lord. He WILL honor you and be faithful because of your trust in Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to experience God in our obedience? He is faithful with the outcome... and so we trust Him the next time we are called to obedience, again... and perhaps obey even a little quicker the next time!

    ReplyDelete