Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is my 24th birthday and it only seemed fitting that I reflect on the past year. A year ago today, I started a very new journey in my life. A very sweet friend of mine spoke great words of encouragement over my life and it inspired me to go forth and live the life that God had destined for me.

Below are the exact words she spoke to me and I often look over them every week to remind me that when life seems tough and impossible that I have a destiny and reason to love and have Joy and hope.

Happy Birthday to an amazing woman! Roxanne, I pray that God would richly bless you this next year and reveal Himself to you in a new way! May you grow in Him and never forget how much He loves you and wants nothing but the best for you. Don't grow weary in waiting for life's events, but let your strength be renewed in waiting for HIM!!! XOXO

I am celebrating my bday with this sweet friend of mine on Monday and look forward to seeing that new picture I know she will take :) hehe

God definitely revealed himself in a new way to me this past year. I learned the hard way that a life without Jesus is no life worth living. I have grown an incredible amount. There were some rough times this past year and there were some great times. But I got through them with Jesus by my side. I'm a different woman now. I'm confident, finding my value In Jesus alone and not searching for approval from other people or things. I have Joy even in negative situation. I know when the time is right, God will bless me with the right person. I start this new year off now with clear direction from God, a new great job, going back to school soon and loving just being with Jesus. I am genuinely blessed.

Some big things/Changes that I underwent this year were
* I quit the drinking/club scene
* Got out a career field I hated-Thank you Jesus.
* Spent time with my biological father for the first time in 10 years
* Stopped having sex

Reflection is so great. To look back and see the real depths of how far I have come.
To continue the journey, nothing more fitting that recommitting my life to Jesus on my birthday! Here's to another great year. Can't wait to see whats in store!

1 comment:

  1. Roxanne, Happy Birthday! You are a true example of God bestowing beauty instead of ashes, gladness instead of mourning, praise instead of despair. Thank you for sharing your life over the last year. It has been a joy to watch you transform into a different woman.

    I so appreciate how you honor your mentor. I know she is a godly woman and would give all credit to her Lord and Savior, but she also is such a good example to all of us to follow. She met you in your time of need. She spoke Truth into your life. I love reading of your relationship...

    Well, here is a new year... May God continue to draw you ever closer as you seek Him. May He bless you with the desires of your heart. May others see Christ in you and want what you have... a life that is fully committed to Him.

    God Bless you, Roxanne. Much love to you, dear princess!

    ReplyDelete