Sunday, October 17, 2010

Milestone

Today was a really big milestone for me. I saw my biological dad today for the first time in over 10 years. I had so many nerves and emotions running through me thinking what it would be like.

It was just about perfect. I walked up and he repeated to me over and over how grown up and beautiful I am. How proud of me he was, for the woman I have grown into.

Makes me think, Don't you think Jesus is trying to tell me the same thing.

We chatted, laughed, and reminisced about the old good times. Talked about the future, my goals, and where I see myself. I shined and he smiled at me with the look of joy across his face! This was really huge for me. Not only to feel that love from my biological Dad but to realize Jesus looks at me the same.

Had a great night at church really tuning into Jesus and what he wanted to speak into my life tonight. I've really made my walk with Jesus as of recent a burden and into a HAVE TO.

This week my goal or desire is to make Jesus my priority because I WANT TO. To make it my joy.

BTW, God has seriously blessed me over what I could imagine. Im starting a really new great job next week. I know he taking care of me. And for the first time in possibly a really long time or maybe my whole life, I can say that I am so happy with just being Jesus and not having a man in my life other than him. It's a great way to start my birthday week. A year ago this thursday, a dear friend of mine made me a cake and spoke very encouraging words into my life and has been mentoring me. It's amazing to look back and see all the changes I have made. :)

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe that a year has already gone by since your last birthday!?!?! WOW. I think a blog post recap of this last year would be a perfect way to commemorate your special day. Sometimes when you get it all down on paper (or on the screen), you can be so extra blessed by all God has done in your life. I am so happy for you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Sweet One! I am so glad your mentor is an amazing woman... and that she is passing that to you, too! You have had a lot of growth this year... keep to it. How wonderful to have a good meeting with your Dad and that it showed you just a touch of how much God loves you, too.

    ReplyDelete